1. JH1

JH1 Teilnehmer/in

Hi All... ..First off.. apoligies for posting in English.. but my german is just not yet good enough :(

I have to return to work fulltime in February 2010, and while we applied already in February 2009 for a nursery (krippe ) place for my son near our home (Linzerstrasse 386) .... we were advised in May (for Sept 09) and now again ( for Feb 10) that that there are NO places available..as all available places were given to siblings. The MA10 for the 14/15th Disctrict have not been very helpfull and were not able to provide any other available places near our home. I am already working part time from home (but in the evening as it is not possible during the day with my son.

I have now tried the private kindergartens near us, but they are all full and most of them tell me they are already fully booked for September 2010 .. so we can only apply for 2011.

My mother in law is 82 and while it would be wonderfull if she could help care for our son until we find a suitable place, she is just not physically able to do this.

What do working mothers do in Vienna.. and what are my options :confused:

vielen dank...

2. Tilda

Tilda kranke Schwester

3. JH1

JH1 Teilnehmer/in

Hiya. I tried this one aswell.

The places were either
    1. Full OR
    2. They dont provide fulltime daycare .. Monday to Friday (8 - 4)..

I also asked around about a childminder (nanny) to take care of my son in my home.. but they tell me the rate is about 8-10 Euros / hour.. and this wouldnt make sense.. as it would cost me between 1200 and 1500 Euros a month, and I dont want to work just to pay a nanny ! Then it doesnt just make sense anymore.

4. lui

lui
    VIP

some years ago i was in the same situation with the same institution linzer str 386 and
    had good results with weekly phonecalls at the MA 10 office. i got the place finally...
    be annoying!

lg lui

5. loreley

loreley Sporadische/r F.-T.

I found a nanny for my - then - 1-year-old daughter within a few days time by running an annonce at www.kijiji.at and www.jobwohnen.at (cheaper than 8-10 euros/h)
    good luck!

6. Esira

PLUS + VIP

Have you already thougt about an Au-Pair?

7. lonelypapi35

lonelypapi35 Teilnehmer/in

Aupair seems to be the only appropriate solution for your problem.

Diese Seite empfehlen